The Tuckahoe PTA is Hosting:
The Board of Education Trustee Candidate Debate Forum
When: May 28 2020, 7:30 pm
Where: via Zoom Conferencing: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85952091384
Moderated by: the League of Women Voters of Westchester
- The Candidate Debate Forum will be hosted via Zoom conferencing as follows: Click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85952091384 or iPhone one-tap: US: +16465588656,,85952091384# or +13017158592,,85952091384# Or Telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128
Webinar ID: 859 5209 1384 International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbo7dsbI0n
- The Forum will be broadcast after the event on Cablevision channel 77 and Verizon channel 27 as well as posted for viewing with a link accessible on the PTA’s web site – www.tuckahoepta.com
Budget Vote and Trustee Election
The Tuckahoe UFSD Annual Budget Vote and Trustee Election will be held on Tuesday June 9th, by absentee ballot. There are two (2) open seats for the Board of Education and the candidates are:
- Peter Casson
- Scott Bogetti
- Lori Gerald
- Dina Morgan
All qualified voters who are registered to vote for the June 9, 2020 budget vote/election will be sent an absentee ballot. Voters who have previously registered to vote through the School District and have voted in any School District election/vote during the past four (4) calendar years need not re-register to vote for this budget vote/election. In addition, voters who are currently registered to vote through the Westchester County Board of Elections need not re-register to vote for this budget vote/election.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be no personal registration of voters conducted within the District. A qualified voter may register to vote in the June 9, 2020 budget vote/election by registering to vote with the Westchester County Board of Elections. You may contact the Westchester County Board of Elections for additional information at: Westchester County Board of Elections, 148 Martine Avenue, White Plains, New York 10601, or by calling (914) 995-2000, or by their website at: www.citizenparticipation.westchestergov.com/register-to-vote. You may also register through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website at https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
The Tuckahoe PTA is proud to sponsor a hybrid-remote Spring Session of the Curious-on-Hudson after-school enrichment program.
ORDER YOUR COTTLE YEARBOOK TODAY
TIME IS RUNNING OUT
Yearbooks for Kindergarten – 4th graders are on sale now.
5th graders receive a free yearbook courtesy of the PTA.
Building Bridges is Back!
When: February 24th to 28th, 2020
Where: William E. Cottle Elementary School
Building Bridges is back for its 6th year at Cottle School! Be a part of this wonderful program that the kids truly look forward to every year.
- Kindergartners will get an overview of disabilities
- First Graders will learn about people with sight impairments
- Second Graders will learn about hearing impairments
- Third Graders will focus on Autism
- Fourth Graders will be learning about people with physical disabilities, and
- Fifth Graders will discuss learning disabilities.
These lessons will be done in each classroom where the children will get the opportunity to participate in hands-on, interactive activities. Each grade also will also attend an assembly with a wonderful speaker.
We need parent volunteers to make this program a success!!
The time commitment for volunteering is minimal – just 2-3 hours of your time. You will work with 1 or 2 other parents in a classroom to run the sessions. Don’t worry! We provide the script, the materials and we will give you a short training.
Training sessions will be held on February 12, 2020, either at 8:30 am and 7:30 pm in the Cottle Auditorium. Please plan to attend one session, which lasts 30-45 minutes.
We are looking forward to another wonderful Building Bridges Week!
The Tuckahoe PTA is proud to offer the Winter Session of the Curious-on-Hudson after-school STEAM enrichment program.
- Classes for students in Grades K thru 5 will be held at William E. Cottle Elementary;
- Classes begin the week of January 6, 2020;
- Online registration opens on Monday 12/16 @ 12pm on a first-come, first-served basis;
- The fee for the courses is $200 for 8 weeks.
Volunteers are needed to help make this event a success! Please click here to sign up.
Dress Rehearsal takes place on Thursday November 7th @3pm-6pm. Click here for printable flyer.