Girls on the Run is an after-school program designed to inspire girls of all abilities to recognize and embrace their inner strength. It promotes girl empowerment by teaching life skills through lessons and running. The program culminates with a 5k run celebration at the end of their training.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Volunteer Coaches are needed for Spring teams: Cottle (Grades 3-5) and TMS (Grades 6-8).
What does it take to be a coach?
- A desire to be part of an amazing movement of empowerment & achievement.
- A willingness to participate in a mandatory coach training and follow the provided curriculum during the 10-week program.
- Running or coaching experience is NOT required.
- A commitment to your team (15 girls) and your co-coach to attend, lead, and enjoy practices twice weekly.
- More coach volunteers would mean more girls will be able to join our team!
Spring 2022 Season Key Dates (Spring Season March 28-June 4):
5K celebration: June 4, 2022
Coach Application deadline: Feb16, 2022
In-Person Coach Training: March 12, 2022 from 9 AM to 1 PM
(Virtual coach training option may be available- date/time TBA)
GOTR practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:00 to 4:30 pm at Cottle and TMS
For more information and to register: https://www.girlsontherunhv.org/Volunteer