Room Reps Needed for the 2021-22 School Year!
It’s a brand-new school year! Room reps are needed more than ever to serve as an important resource for Cottle teachers and parents.
Room Rep Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between teacher and parents
- Support the teacher and respect the classroom
- Assist your classroom teacher with miscellaneous activities (e.g., special events)
- Work with your classroom’s teachers to provide information, announcements, and reminders to parents
- Serve as a representative of the PTA and encourage parents in your class to get involved with PTA programs
- Distribute information from PTA to parents to encourage participation and attendance at school events
- Organize collection and activities during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Coordinate holiday and end-of-year teacher gifts
- Promote class cohesiveness and boost class morale
Room reps must be a current member of the Tuckahoe PTA. If you still need to join or pay your 2021-22 dues, please click here.
If you would like to be considered as a Room Representative, please include the following information in an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Sept. 24.
- Parent’s Name
- Student’s name, Grade and Teacher
- Best phone number & email to reach you
***Class Parents will be chosen by lottery. You will be notified via email if you’ve been selected by Monday, Sept. 27.
Tracy Devitt and Alona Trinidad
Tuckahoe PTA Room Reps. Committee, Co-Chairs