The Tuckahoe PTA Community Service Committee has identified an upcoming opportunity to perform community service for those who are interested: The 9th Annual Bronx River Cleanup with the Riverkeeper organization.
When: Saturday, May 1st, 2021, 10am-2pm
Where: Parkway Oval Park
Please note that this event is hosted and run by Riverkeeper. Please refer to the information below for social distancing guidelines and other event details.
Volunteers will meet below the soccer field, by the “Call Box” at Parkway Oval Park on Consulate Dr, Tuckahoe NY 10707. We ask all Sweep volunteers to wear sturdy shoes or boots, clothing that they can get dirty, and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a full reusable water bottle, and a face mask, work gloves and hand sanitizer. This site is suitable for elementary-aged children with proper adult supervision. For this site, volunteers are asked to be aware of ticks, wear long sleeves and do a tick check following the cleanup.
*IMPORTANT! To ensure the safety of volunteers, Sweep Site Leaders, park staff, and our communities, we ask that volunteers adhere to the following guidelines:
- Volunteers are required to pre-register for Sweep, and bring their own masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and water.
- All participants and Sweep Leaders must wear masks that fully cover both their nose and mouth, at all times, no exceptions.
- All volunteers must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet and wear masks at all times. When announcements are being made, a distance of 15 feet should be maintained.
- Volunteers should carpool only with members of their own household.
- Volunteers should not participate if they have ANY signs of illness or if they have potentially been exposed to COVID-19 within the previous two weeks.
Questions? Contact Riverkeeper at firstname.lastname@example.org or site leaders Erin Provezano at email@example.com and Mike Dardano at firstname.lastname@example.org.