With this new school year being so different, room reps are needed more than ever to serve as an important resource for Cottle teachers and parents.
Learn how you can help support your student’s classroom:
Room Rep Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between teacher and parents
- Assist your classroom teacher with miscellaneous activities (ie: special events)
- Serve as a representative of the PTA and encourage parents in your class to get involved with PTA programs
- Coordinate other parent volunteers for class activities (as needed)
- Distribute information from the PTA to parents to encourage participation and attendance at school events
- Organize collections and activities during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Coordinate holiday and end-of-year teacher gifts
- Work with your classroom’s teachers to provide information, announcements and reminders to parents
- Support the teacher and respect the classroom
- Promote class cohesiveness and boost class morale
Each room rep must be a current member of the Tuckahoe PTA. If you still need to join or pay your 2020-21 dues, please click here.
If you would like to be considered as a Room Representative, please include the following information in an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 7:
- Parent’s name
- Student’s name, grade and teacher
- Best phone number & email to reach you
**Room reps will be chosen by lottery. You will be notified via email as to whether or not you have been selected by Monday, October 12.
Tracy Devitt and Alona Trinidad
Tuckahoe PTA Room Reps. Committee, Co-Chairs