The Tuckahoe PTA’s Cultural Arts Committee is dedicated to connecting TUFSD students with the arts by delivering arts-related programs to the three schools. For this extended school closure, we’ve identified resources for families to access from home. Numerous cultural organizations have launched or augmented their online offerings in response to the coronavirus shutdown. Below are some of the standout offerings we’ve identified. We hope that these help by providing both cultural enrichment and ways of keeping families occupied and stimulated in this difficult time.
- Playbill.com – 15 Broadway Plays and Musicals You Can Watch On Stage From Home – Choose from Billy Elliott, Newsies, Rent, and other Broadway hits to watch from your living room.
- 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch – Explore the collections of assorted museums around the world all from the comfort of your own device. “Travel” to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Seoul, Mexico City, and other international locales, viewing classical painting, historic fashion, ancient artifacts, photography, and more.
- MetKids – Interactive online programs from the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- View archived New York Philharmonic’s Young People’s Concerts, the series originally initiated by Leonard Bernstein, and…
- …go “backstage” at the New York Philharmonic’s Young People’s Concerts.
- The Metropolitan Opera “Nightly Met Opera Streams” – Nightly streams of assorted operas (selections vary each day) at 7:30 pm.
- Chamber Music Society at Lincoln Center – Numerous streamed concerts and educational discussion.
- Young People’s Chorus of New York City – High-caliber performances by passionate youth singers
- National Women’s History Museum – March is Women’s History Month, and this year marks the 100th anniversary of women being granted the right to vote. The timing of coronavirus has interfered with planned celebrations, but here are some online exhibitions to help fill the gap.
- 92Y @ Home: Stream concerts, book readings, and more, and enjoy online prompts for creative family activities
- New Victory Theater Arts Break: Percussion Week
- How to incorporate works of art in homeschooling from the Museum of Modern Art
- Pablo Picasso Cubist Art Lesson
- Children’s Museum of the Arts tutorials on assorted projects
- Music Theory lessons
- Stop-Motion Kids Camp
More resources are being posted daily, as the coronavirus shutdown continues. Search the web for various other resources your family would enjoy!