Building Bridges is Back!
When: February 24th to 28th, 2020
Where: William E. Cottle Elementary School
Building Bridges is back for its 6th year at Cottle School! Be a part of this wonderful program that the kids truly look forward to every year.
- Kindergartners will get an overview of disabilities
- First Graders will learn about people with sight impairments
- Second Graders will learn about hearing impairments
- Third Graders will focus on Autism
- Fourth Graders will be learning about people with physical disabilities, and
- Fifth Graders will discuss learning disabilities.
These lessons will be done in each classroom where the children will get the opportunity to participate in hands-on, interactive activities. Each grade also will also attend an assembly with a wonderful speaker.
We need parent volunteers to make this program a success!!
The time commitment for volunteering is minimal – just 2-3 hours of your time. You will work with 1 or 2 other parents in a classroom to run the sessions. Don’t worry! We provide the script, the materials and we will give you a short training.
Training sessions will be held on February 12, 2020, either at 8:30 am and 7:30 pm in the Cottle Auditorium. Please plan to attend one session, which lasts 30-45 minutes.
We are looking forward to another wonderful Building Bridges Week!